Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Wine Blogging Wednesday #16 - eye catching

2000 Il Cuore

This month’s Wine Blogging Wednesday was an easy one in the sense that it really didn’t matter what the wine was like or where it hailed from, what you were really after was just a wine label that caught your eye.

I could have searched high and low but what I actually did was pull in to the nearby HEB grocery (Four Points) and just walk the aisles while keeping a distance such that I couldn’t actually read what was on the label. I just looked for something attractive.

Initially, I thought, I won’t even bother to go to the store, I’ll just pull something from the rack. I have a bottle of “Big Ass Cabernet” that has a label that I think is really eye catching. In fact, I posted back in April about it. Check it out, it’s a pretty good label.

A runner up to the Big Ass Cab label for eye catching and brightly colored women are those done by the folks at Perfect 10.

Instead though, as I walked thru the aisle, the one that really caught my eye the most was the IL CUORE Rosso Classico from California. (To the right.) The folks at IL CUORE Wines use a cubist painting by Dan Rizzie as their label. The art and colors were something that suited me. Bright colors, but with some warm earth tones in there too.

Meanwhile, the wine turned out to be pretty interesting too. A blend of 35% Carignane, 28% Zinfandel, 20% Grenache, 12% Sangiovese and 5% Charbono. The mix was a medium to light bodied wine bursting with cherry fruit flavors.

Price
$10.99 HEB grocery
Overall
 medium to light bodied wine bursting with cherry fruit flavors. I’d get a 2nd.

Technorati tag:

1 Comments:

At 1:15 AM, Blogger Derrick said...

Ah, yes, the Il Cuore labels. They are lovely. I've had a few of their wines, but not the Rosso. Thanks for the write-up; I'll keep an eye out for it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

about | ratings images courtey of Jason Lewis