Saturday, November 05, 2005

Becker Vineyards 2004 Viognier

2004 Becker Viognier

After the recent posting on the Ca' del Solo Big House White  I thought I would post about a local white that I much preferred. It’s a couple bucks more, but for some reason that’s typical of Texas wines. (Because of that, I think you honestly have to go out of your way to buy one.)

Becker is among my favorite of the Texas wineries. This Viognier has a very nice floral aroma to it and a nicely rounded mouth feel. Has tastes of peaches and apricots and yet had just enough crisp acidity. I’ve had this one several times and again recently.

Price
About $14. HEB grocery.
Overall
 Like it. Repeat buy. Flowers & peaches.

Technorati tag:

2 Comments:

At 5:47 PM, Blogger Amy said...

I first had the Becker Viognier at the Herb Farm restaurant in Fredericksburg. It's lovely.

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Cookie Madness said...

It's my favorite too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

about | ratings images courtey of Jason Lewis