Monday, October 03, 2005

Flat Creek again

Time to get out into the Hill Country for a bit this past weekend. Took the long way to Fredericksburg and the annual Oktoberfest. Along the way stopped in again at Flat Creek. For WBW#12 I'd picked a wine from Flat Creek Estate because it was the closest to me. It turned out they were having an open house this past weekend to celebrate the completion of their events center. Wasn't sure what to expect, but it turned out nice. They had 3 excellent hor'devours along with tastings of 4 of their wines. My favorite of the food was the venison from Selene's. Anyway, Flat Creek's 2003 Shiraz was the new one of the bunch being tasted. I liked it, but it was a bit more of a fruit bomb than the earlier profiled Super Texan sangiovese, which remains as one of my local favorites.

The other two being tasted went from sweet to sweeter. The first being the PrimRosé made from Primitivo grapes. The other being the Muscato Blanco. You can read more about them here. Of the two, I preferred the dessert-like Muscato Blanco.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

about | ratings images courtey of Jason Lewis