Monday, October 03, 2005

More Chardonnay: Kendall-Jackson 2003 Grand Reserve

Grand Reserve Chardonnay

I finished up the Chardonnay theme a week ago but never quite got around to posting about the follow-on Kendall-Jackson Chardonnay I’d tried.

In my last profile I’d mentioned I’d tried the 2004 Kendall-Jackson California Chardonnay Vintner’s Reserve “Jackson Estates Grown”. I wasn’t all that impressed with it. The Grand Reserve’, on the other hand is a much more interesting wine. It had a big, bright citrus and apple taste. My own notes are pretty consistent with those at the link above. Nice lingering finish and has that buttery mouth feel you might expect of a CA chardonnay. French and American oak for 9 months, but the taste is not overly oaky.

Price
HEB grocery for around $17
Overall
 crisp citrus taste with a lingering and buttery finish. Tasty. I’d get another.

Technorati tag:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

about | ratings images courtey of Jason Lewis