Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Domaine Manciat-Poncet Macon Charnay 2003 Chardonnay

2003 Cuvaison Chardonnay

After that last post on Cuvaison Chardonnay, I’ve decided to go on a bit of a Chardonnay kick. Earlier this year I was down at a Saturday tasting at the Austin Wine Merchant. They had several Chardonnays from Domaine Manciat-Poncet they were trying. I had gotten one and pulled it out a couple nights ago after the Cuvaison as a bit of a comparison.

The one I had was the “Vieilles Vignes” or old vines wine. It was slightly less buttery than the Cuvaison although it had a nice softness. It was also equally refreshing with a light citrus crispness. Balanced and long finish. So how’d it stack up? Very well I think, though perhaps not quite as flavorful.

I only got this one because of the tasting that the Wine Merchant was doing. I otherwise seem to find myself passing the ‘France’ aisle. I know, I know, I should expand my choices more often, but let’s just say it’s a phase I’m in. The Austin Wine Merchant regularly tastes French wine, so I should try to get down there more often. In fact, they’ve got one this weekend.

Price
Retails for around $16–18
Overall
 would definitely get another. Balanced finish, mineral crispness.

Technorati tag:

1 Comments:

At 10:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

about | ratings images courtey of Jason Lewis