Thursday, September 22, 2005

"Best in the Last 30"

2003 La Frenz Montage

Beau over at Basic Juice has started a ‘Best in the last 30 days’ meme. And Jathan over at Wine Expression got tagged and has now passed the baton on to me. Uh oh! Now I’m on the spot. What have I had in the last 30 days that I’d consider worthy of the ‘best’ of anything?

Hmmm. Well, although I must admit my notes are extremely spotty on it since all I had was mouthful, the first thing that came to mind as the best thing I’ve tasted recently was from my trip to the Okanagan and the La Frenz 2003 Montage that I had. I bought one based on that tasting but have yet to open the bottle yet. But, despite that, I still think it’s the best I’ve had in the last month. The Montage name is sort of a take off on Meritage. In this case the blend is of Pinot Noir, Merlot and Cab Sauvignon with a ripe fruit taste of plums and cherries. Good luck finding it though since it is small winery with limited production. I’ll post again with more detail about it when I actually open the bottle I got.

I'm passing on the baton to Swirl & Sniff. Hasn't been an update in awhile over there so maybe this will get him writing again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

about | ratings images courtey of Jason Lewis