Monday, October 17, 2005

Jorge Ordonez "Urban Oak" 2002

2002 Urban Oak

This wine had a shelf-talker that caught my eye a couple weeks ago as I wandered thru Central Market. Good thing, ‘cause honestly, the label isn’t much to look at and the name “Urban Oak” sounds computer generated.

I enjoyed this though and also shared it with some other friends last week. The Dennings also both gave it thumbs up. The wine hails from Argentina and is a blend of 45% Tempranillo, 30% Malbec, 15% Merlot and 10% Syrah. The taste for me was a jammy almalgam of blackberry and a bit of blueberry. 3 months on oak gives it something of a toasty aroma.

Price
About $12. Central Mkt, Austin.
Overall
hint of oak in the nose and jammy dark berry taste. Long finish. Reasonably priced. Repeat buy if I run across it again.

Technorati tag:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

about | ratings images courtey of Jason Lewis