Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Gianni Gagliardo Dolcetto d'Alba 2003

2003 Dolcetto d'Alba

There’s more white wine to come based on my recent theme, but in the mean time, I’ve tried a few reds. Here’s one…

There’s a light white that I like with a bit of fizz called the Gianni Gagliardo Fallegro. I noticed this red one by the same winery last week. I haven’t noticed others that brand there wines with a label quite like these wines, so they’re very easy to spot.

Click the image to the right to get the winery’s take, but this wine seemed to be best fresh from the bottle… The bright raspberry fruit was at its best. This was not a wine that improved with a 2nd try the next day.

Price
About $15
Overall
 a bowl of raspberries. Thought it was a little over priced.

Technorati tag:

1 Comments:

At 11:11 PM, Blogger Personal Wine said...

I thought this dolcetto d'alba was right on track. its definitely fruity and it has the dolcetto italian bite at the end. I think it actually tastes better the next day as it allows the wine to breathe a little easier.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

about | ratings images courtey of Jason Lewis