Saturday, June 25, 2005

Gianni Gagliardo Fallegro 2004

2004 Fallegro

This week’s been mostly old familiar favorites so not much new to post about. Last night though, I had a white that makes a great apertif. I’ve bought it many times before and had a hankering for it again the other day.

Fallegro is from an Italian wine maker named Gianni Gagliardo and is made from Favorita grapes. Other than it being a nice light white wine to start things off, the main thing I really like about this wine is that it’s slightly effervescent. Not really a sparkling wine, but just a bit of fizz that dances on the tongue.

Price
About $13 (Austin – Whole Foods).
Overall
Slightly tart and fizzy. Unmistakable bottle.

Technorati tag:

3 Comments:

At 5:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I recently drank this wine in an italian restaurant in Berlin (Florastrasse). Great wine, delicious with the food, realy soft on the tongue. I would like to know where I can buy it in Holland near Eindhoven/Den Bosch

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger kellyo said...

We were having sushi at Syringa's in Coeur d' Alene Idaho. I had asked for a pinot gris. My waitress suggested I try Fallegro. I love this wine! It was perfect with sushi. Light,tangy,crisp with a clean finish. I am now on the hunt to find this wine in a local market. This will be the perfect summer wine to sip while sitting on the deck watching the sun go down over Lake Coeur d' Alene.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

about | ratings images courtey of Jason Lewis