Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Seghesio 2003 Sonoma Zinfandel

2003 Seghesio Zinfandel

Been a bit busier lately and haven’t had as much of a chance to post here recently.  But I did have a couple of interesting wines through the weekend. Both Zinfandels.

The first was this one from Seghesio. The wine maker’s notes are artful, as I guess most are, but I’ll have to agree with the “intriguing spicy, briery, dark fruit qualities” that are mentioned. This one got smoother/softer the longer I had it open. In fact, I thought it was actually better the 2nd day.

The other Zin I had while at Reed’s in NW Austin. I have few details about it but I found it very good. That was the Jessie’s Grove Earth, Zin & Fire, a Lodi area wine.

Price
About $17 (Austin – Costco).
Overall
 Soft, lush, briery dark fruit.

Technorati tag:

2 Comments:

At 8:57 PM, Blogger Todd said...

I am a big fan of this wine. Great blog...I enjoyed reading through it tonight for the first time.

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger chas said...

Todd, thanks for the comment. I am definitely a repeat buyer of this wine as well. (It seems to be available at Costco often so those is Austin should look there first to save a buck or two).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

about | ratings images courtey of Jason Lewis