Saturday, June 04, 2005

Costco wines - skip the membership

Some time ago, someone mentioned to me that you didn't need to be a member of Costco to shop its liquor store. The explanation was that because of some obscure Texas liquor law related to clubs, the liquor store portion of the Costco store had to be open for anyone regardless of membership. I honestly don't know the details, and at this point nor do I care since this week I confirmed the accuracy of that offhand comment.

The selection of wines is not very large, but the good news is you can expect to find some wines discounted in comparison to other shops. For example, last I saw, Darioush 2001 Napa Cabernet Sauvignon went for over $60 at Grapevine Market. At Costco it was about $46. Cheaper wines were not as significantly discounted or were not discounted at all relative to other local places.

Anyway, I'll certainly be back to look for bargains.

3 Comments:

At 2:20 AM, Blogger Ryan M Scott said...

Costco is the largest seller of wine in the USA.

 
At 9:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Amy said...

I had no idea. You mean I can just walk into Costco and buy wine, even though I'm not a member?? SWEET!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

about | ratings images courtey of Jason Lewis