Sunday, June 05, 2005

Columbia Winery 2001 Columbia Valley Syrah

2001 Syrah

I was in the mood for a fruity wine and I figured the Syrah from Washington that I got the other day at Costco would fit the bill. Sure enough, it was made to order.

This is also the second Washington wine in about the last week I’ve had. I liked the Tamarack Cellars from Washington too.

The winery’s tasting notes for this one can be found online. So if you want the details, check it out. While their notes don’t mention it, I picked up some very nice scents of chocolate on this.

This particular wine comes from what the winery calls their “Mainline” series. I’m now intrigued to try the “Signature” series Syrah from the Red Willow vineyard. Although at a list of $39.99, it’s kinda pricey. We’ll see if I can even find it locally. Chances are, probably not.

Price
$11.99 (Austin – Costco)
Overall
 Smooth tannins and very fruity. Hint of oak.

Technorati tag:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

about | ratings images courtey of Jason Lewis