Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Not so 'everyday'... Jean Michel Gerin 2002 La Loye, Condrieu

2002 La Loye

The catchphrase for this blog suggests my observations are about ‘everyday’ wines. True enough. Though occasionally, I do have something a little more interesting & special. This is one such wine, shared with someone special.

Condrieu is an area of Rhone in France known for producing excellent Viognier wines. The aroma of this wine was floral. This is a rich and full bodied white wine with a musky and complex apricot and peach taste. A hint of tea-like spice. You just wanted to linger awhile with this wine. Soft buttery mouth feel.

At $50, it’s a little steep for everyday drinking, but not much more than most people pay at restaurants for bottles of far less interesting wine.

Price
About $50 (Austin – Grapevine Market).
Overall
 complex apricot & peach tastes. Full bodied, buttery mouth feel.

Technorati tag:

1 Comments:

At 9:12 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I think I had this wine about two years ago. I found it to be light and somewhat mineraly. Not a bad drop but worth the coin. I think I prefer new world efforts, especially some Washington state Viogs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

about | ratings images courtey of Jason Lewis