Monday, May 09, 2005

Wine "doggie bag"

In other news, folks in Michigan may soon be able to take home wine they don't finish at a restaurant. And here I thought Texas laws on alcohol were behind the times.

Although we still have dry counties here, when I moved here 15 years ago it was otherwise legal to drive around with open containers of beer. Very odd. That law was eventually, appropriately, changed. But as far as I know and as long as I've lived here in Texas, we've always been able to take home any wine that's left in the bottle. At least the restaurants have never objected to it. Thankfully at least some common sense prevails here in the lone star state. (Hopefully no one will correct me and tell me it's illegal here in Texas!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

about | ratings images courtey of Jason Lewis