Monday, December 19, 2005

2003 Qupe' Syrah

2003 Qupe Syrah

This Syrah from California has been one of my recent favorites. Actually, it's not just Syrah, it's 84% Syrah, 6% Grenache, 4% Counoise, 3% Mourvedre and a bit of Mondeuse, Cinsault, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Tempranillo. Now that's a mouthful - literally.

If you like big fruity wines, this one will suit you. A bit of spice and a floral aroma but otherwise a pretty soft and easy drinker. Their web site claims Food & Wine named it a Best Syrah Under $20 in a recent issue.

Price
About $17, Grapevine Market, Austin
Overall
full bodied, soft ripe fruit. Too bad Grapevine was out of it the last time I was by.

Technorati tag:

2 Comments:

At 6:39 AM, Blogger Amy said...

Are you interested in a stack of past issues of Food & Wine? I don't want them, but I can't throw them away!

 
At 9:26 PM, Blogger chas said...

That's nice of you, but probably not. In fact, I have a stack of Wine Spectator that I can say the same thing about! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

about | ratings images courtey of Jason Lewis