Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Kim Crawford 2004 Unoaked Chardonnay

Two BarrelInspired perhaps by Lenn of Lenndevours recent posting on unoaked chardonnay, I hauled out some Kim Crawford Unoaked Chardonnay this evening.

I’ve enjoyed the Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc on at least a couple of occasions now and when I saw this one in the store I thought I’d give it a try. While I didn’t have this particular one, the unoaked chardonnays seemed to be very popular in New Zealand when I visited there earlier in the year. In fact, the first one I can recall trying was the Mission Estate in the Hawkes Bay region. I recall enjoying that, but nothing like the Cab/Merlot I eventually bought.

I can’t say I like this as much as the Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc. This is light and crisp and enjoyable, particularly with food, but otherwise didn’t wow me that much on its own. The tastes were of melon and apple with some citrus and a bit of honey thrown in.

Personally I like the complexity that oak can add to chardonnay, and yet this is a nice refreshing change of pace.

Price
About $17 (Austin)
Overall
 refreshing and crisp but likely I’ll move on to something else the next time.

Technorati tag:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

about | ratings images courtey of Jason Lewis