Thursday, May 19, 2005

Waterbrook 2003 Mélange - Columbia Valley

Waterbrook MélangeThis wine caught my eye last week. I guess it was a combination of a few things that lead me to buy it. It had a ‘shelf talker’ with a very positive review of the wine, it was reasonably priced and it’s possible I may travel to Washington state later this summer for some respite from the blast furnace that is a Texas August, so I was interested in the fact it was from the Columbia Valley.

Apparently late last year it was listed as a Wine Spectator ‘Top 100 for 2004’. Not that that’s a guarantee I’d like it, but it does catch your attention. It’s made from 33% Cabernet Sauv, 26% Sangiovese, 25% Merlot, 13% Syrah and 3% Cabernet Franc and it’s a mouthful of blackberry fruit goodness.  A bit sharp tasting when I first opened it, but either I adjusted or it mellowed a bit after being open for an hour. It went well with the pasta and red sauce I had.

Price
About $13 (Austin)
Overall
 lots of blackberry fruitiness. Med to long finish.

Technorati tag:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

about | ratings images courtey of Jason Lewis