Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Would a Little Sicilian Fourplay Interest You?

FourplayWith a name like Fourplay, a review of this wine could easily degenerate into way too many double entendres. But despite that, I’ll try not to be too brief or uninventive. (See what I mean?)

I ran across this interestingly named Sicilian wine the other day and in an echo of the WBW #8 from a couple weeks ago, I thought I’d give it a try. I’m a sucker for a catchy label anyway, so that alone would have suggested I give it a try.

The name is derived from the four native grapes of Sicily that are blended to make the wine. There’s 25% Frappato Nero, 25% Nerello Cappuccio, 25% Nerello Mascalese and 25% Nero D’Avola. The wine is a collaboration between the Tuscan Dievole and Saro Di Pietro of Sicily. Personally, these are not grapes that conjure up any memories for me, so I enjoyed giving this a try.

The flashy web site (click the image above) suggests they’re putting a lot of money into marketing this wine. Warning, it’s a Flash web site. High bandwidth for not much content in this case.

Technorati tag:

Price
About $12.
Overall
Some black cherries and a hint of old cigar box. Soft tannins. Though wish it would have lingered a little longer on the finish. Good with a pizza. With its name, surely a nice icebreaker at the right party or with that special friend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

about | ratings images courtey of Jason Lewis