Monday, April 25, 2005

A Little Angel - Sharpe Hill Ballet of Angels (nv)

Ballet of AngelsSomewhere along the way, I ran into this little angel last year and thought it tasted great. When it comes to light, crisp white wines I, like a lot of other folks I imagine, don’t naturally think of Connecticut. But that’s where this wine hails from: the Sharpe Hill Vineyard.

Their web site claims this little cherub is “the best selling wine made in New England”. It also says it’s “derived from a unique and secret blend of grapes”. Hmmm. Neither of those tell me a whole lot so as far as I know, they could truck in the juice for this wine from California. The taste for me was a combination of tart green apples and citrus. Nicely fruity and not too sweet.

If this LA tasting event is to be believed, the grapes in this wine are Sauvignon Blanc, Chenin Blanc & Vignoles. Sharpe Hill’s web site indicates they have 25 acres of Chardonnay, Melon de Bourgogne and Vignoles. To be fair though, I should also point out that this wine is designated as "American White Wine", so I shouldn't really expect it to be just from Connecticut. Regardless, I enjoyed it a lot.

Technorati tag:

Price
About $12.
Overall
A great apertif. I enjoyed this enough I’d go back for another one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

about | ratings images courtey of Jason Lewis