Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Rex Goliath 2004 California Pinot Grigio

2004 Rex Goliath Pinto Grigio

This one was on sale at Whole Foods the other day along with some advertising hype on the stack of cases. So I gave it a try. Not likely to become a favorite.

The Wimbledon Wine Company gushes over this one, saying “lovely aromatics of pear and honeydew. Bright, juicy flavors of citrus and apples that lead to a sweet mineral core.” Personally, I can’t say I came away with all that. I did note some pear and apple but nothing very distinct and it otherwise had an earthy taste & aroma that didn’t appeal to me too much.

Price
About $8 (Austin – Whole Foods).
Overall
 a little apple & pear. Somewhat earthy taste/aroma.

Technorati tag:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

about | ratings images courtey of Jason Lewis